1 September 2023
On 1 September 2023, Mr Senzo Mchunu, the Minister of Water and Sanitation, published the revised National Water Resources Strategy after receiving and considering public comments.
The National Water Resource Strategy Third Edition (NWRS-3) consists of the following chapters and list of annexures:
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Strategic Imperatives
- Chapter 3: Context
- Chapter 4: Reducing Water Demand
- Chapter 5: Increasing Water Supply
- Chapter 6: Redistributing Water for Transformation
- Chapter 7: Managing Effective Water and Sanitation Services .
- Chapter 8: Regulating the Water and Sanitation Sector
- Chapter 9: Managing Water and Sanitation Under a Changing Climate
- Chapter 10: Promoting International Cooperation
- Chapter 11: Improving Water Quality
- Chapter 12: Protecting Aquatic Ecosystems and Maintaining Restoring Ecological Infrastructure
- Chapter 13: Creating Effective Water Sector Institutions
- Chapter 14: Collecting Data and Analysing and Managing Information for Effective Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Chapter 15: Building Capacity for Action
- Chapter 16: Ensuring Financial Stability
- Chapter 17: Enhancing and Enabling Deployment of research, development & innovation
- Chapter 18: Addressing legislative & policy gaps
A copy is available on the Department’s website at National Water Resource Strategy 3.