22 May 2019
The Carbon Tax Act, 2019 was assented to by the President on 22 May 2019 and will commence on 1 June 2019. The Act must be read with the Customs and Excise Amendment Act, 2019. See also the media statement put out by National Treasury on 27 May 2019.
- Carbon Offset Regulations (29 November 2019; deemed to have commenced on 1 June 2019)
Carbon Tax Bill 2018
Draft Carbon Tax Bill 2017
- Annexure 1: Explanatory memorandum
- Annexure 2: Socio-economic impact assessment
- Annexure 3: Response document
See also the media statement that accompanied the publication of the revised draft Bill.
Draft Carbon Tax Bill 2015
Green and White Papers
- Policy Paper (2013)
Draft Regulations and Notices published under the Draft Bill
Draft Regulations published under the Carbon Tax Act Number 15 of 2019
- Draft Greenhouse Gas Emissions Intensity Benchmarks prescribed for the purpose of section 11 of the Carbon Tax Act, 2019 (2 December 2019)
- Draft Trade Exposure Allowance Regulations (2 December 2019)