Reference No: CER 4/2017
The closing date (5 June 2017) has passed and applications for this position are now closed.
The Centre for Environmental Rights is looking for a senior administrator to join our team. This person will provide general administrative and events organisation support for our office, as well as assisting with the establishment of Just Share, a new activist organisation aimed at promoting good corporate citizenship by driving responsible investment in South Africa. We need an energetic, sociable, reliable person with a strong commitment to social and environmental justice, good record-keeping skills and practice, an eye for detail and a sense of responsibility.
The Centre for Environmental Rights strives to reflect South Africa’s racial, cultural and gender diversity within its staff complement. All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Based in Cape Town
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Relevant degree or qualification, and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an administrative or programmatic support role.
- Experience in the administration of grants, as well the establishment of new non-profit organisations, would be an advantage.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, as well as the ability to multi task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and commitment to high accuracy levels in all aspects of the job are essential.
- Computer literacy, with specific competence in Microsoft Office including Excel, and standard accounting packages (we use Pastel).
- A commitment to high quality client service, and a passion for social and environmental justice.
- Providing administrative support to the FairShareSA Project Coordinator in establishment and early roll-out of this new non-profit organisation.
- Providing general administrative support to the Centre, including ensuring compliance with donor grant contracts; assist with screening of phone calls, enquiries and requests; events organisation; maintaining organisational records; providing general bookkeeping assistance; preparation of files for litigation.
- Generally supporting the effective operation of the Centre’s office, programmes and events, and our objective of promoting environmental justice for all.
The Centre for Environmental Rights benchmarks its salaries for the public interest law sector. The salary offered will be dependent on the qualifications, skills and level of experience of the successful candidate, but will fall within the range R180 000-R220 000 per annum (total cost to company).