Grants Administrator and Bookkeeper
Reference No: CER 4/2016
The closing date (13 October 2016) has passed and applications for this position are now closed.
The Centre for Environmental Rights is calling for applications for a Grants Administrator and Bookkeeper. We are looking for an individual who is responsible and reliable, meticulous and detail-orientated with excellent record-keeping skills, to assist us with basic bookkeeping; ensuring compliance with grant contracts, including reporting to funders.
Based in Cape Town
Qualifications, skills and experience
- A post-graduate degree in an appropriate field. A basic accounting or bookkeeping qualification would be an advantage.
- Experience in bookkeeping and grant administration procedures.
- Good communications skills.
- Computer literacy, with specific competence in Microsoft Office, and standard accounting packages (we use Pastel).
- A commitment to high quality client service, and a passion for social and environmental justice.
- Providing grant administrative support to the Centre, including: assisting with the collation of documents required for new grant applications and ensuring that all requirements prescribed by the funder have been met; assisting with the monitoring of compliance with grant contracts; collating information required for the completion of financial reports to funders.
- Providing bookkeeping support to the Centre’s finance officer, including: reconciling the petty cash books each month; providing general bookkeeping support, including assisting with expense allocations to the correct funder in accordance with relevant budgets; supporting the accountant in compiling of financial reports; assisting with compliance with the Centre’s financial policies, including obtaining of necessary quotes and researching the most cost-effective options.
- Generally supporting the effective operation of the Centre’s office and programmes, and our objective of promoting environmental justice for all.
The salary offered will be benchmarked, and is dependent on the level of experience of the successful candidate.