Executive Assistant to the Executive Director
The closing date (8 January 2018) has passed and applications for this position are now closed.
UPDATE: This position was not filled.
Based in Cape Town, the Executive Assistant will provide assistance and administrative support to the Executive Director, and manage the Executive Director’s administration, scheduling and correspondence.
Centre for Environmental Rights (CER) strives to reflect South Africa’s racial, cultural and gender diversity within its staff complement. All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Based in Cape Town
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Relevant degree/diploma
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role. Experience in the NGO or public interest law sector will be an advantage.
- Highly organised, self-reliant, good problem-solving, results-oriented, multi-tasker with superior administration skills and excellent judgment.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with both external stakeholders (partners, funders, government and industry representatives) and team members.
- Advanced computer literacy skills.
- Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritise.
- Excellent track record in planning, project management and meeting deadlines.
- A commitment to high quality client service.
- A passion for social and environmental justice.
- Managing the Executive Director’s administration, schedule and correspondence.
- Coordinating and supporting the Executive Director’s speaking, conferencing and media engagements.
- Managing the Executive Director’s email, prioritising those needing responses, drafting responses re scheduling and delegation to colleagues.
- Assisting the Executive Director with preparation for board, management and staff meetings.
- Drafting documents and communication as needed.
- Driving all travel preparation requirements for the Executive Director.
- Providing ad-hoc support for personal administration where required.
The Centre for Environmental Rights benchmarks its salaries for the public interest law sector. The salary offered will be dependent on the qualifications, skills and level of experience of the successful candidate, but will fall within the range R240 000-R300 000 per annum (total cost to company).