Access to Information Officer
Reference No: CER 5/2016
The closing date (13 October 2016) has passed and applications for this position are now closed.
The Centre for Environmental Rights is calling for applications for an Access to Information Officer. We are looking for an individual who is responsible and reliable, meticulous and detail-orientated with excellent record-keeping skills, to assist us with keeping track of our requests for records under the Promotion of Access to Information Act.
Based in Cape Town
Qualifications, skills and experience
- A post-graduate degree in an appropriate field.
- Experience in access to information procedures.
- Good communications skills are essential, particularly for the access to information work which requires regular follow-ups with government officials and private companies.
- Computer literacy, with specific competence in Microsoft Office.
- A commitment to high quality client service, and a passion for social and environmental justice.
- Preparing, submitting and tracking access to information requests under the Promotion of Access to Information Act in support of the Centre’s various programmes and on behalf of the Centre’s clients, which include communities and civil society organisations.
- Generally supporting the effective operation of the Centre’s office and programmes, and our objective of promoting environmental justice for all.
The salary offered will be benchmarked, and is dependent on the level of experience of the successful candidate.