Publications by the CER
The CER has published a number of reports detailing its experiences in accessing information from both the public and private sector:
- Signs of Hope? Some government departments ramp up disclosure of environmental records under PAIA, while others remain closed (November 2015).
- Money Talks: Commercial Interests and Transparency in Environmental Governance (November 2014).
- Turn on the Floodlights: Trends in Disclosure of Environmental Licences and Compliance Data (March 2013).
- Barricading the Doors: The latest on our work on transparency in environmental governance in South Africa (February 2013).
- Unlock the doors: How greater transparency by public and private bodies can improve the realisation of environmental rights (April 2012).
- National Legislation36
- International instruments4
- Provincial Legislation17
- Government Documents8
- Case watch2
- What's new?5
Request to the Department of Water and Sanitation in relation to number of inspections, inspection reports, administrative enforcement, Environmental Management Inspectors, Water Use Licences and criminal enforcement (2 May 2019)
14 May 2019
Request to the Department of Mineral Resources for information in relation to Environmental Mineral Resource Inspectors, Compliance Monitoring, Administrative Enforcement and Section 24G of NEMA (3 April 2019)
14 May 2019
12 October 2018