Sasol Synfuels (Pty) Ltd and others v Minister of Environmental Affairs and another
On 21 May 2014, Sasol Synfuels (Pty) Ltd, National Petroleum Refiners of South Africa (Natref) and Sasol Chemiese Nywerhede Beperk launched review proceedings in the High Court (Gauteng Division, Pretoria) seeking to set aside various minimum emission standards published in terms of section 21 of the National Environmental Management:Air Quality Act, 2004.
The Centre for Environmental Rights applied to be admitted as amicus curiae (friend of the Court), but on 17 April 2015, the applicants withdrew the application and tendered the respondents’ costs.
- Rule 16A notice
- Notice of motion and founding affidavit part 1, part 2, part 3 and part 4
- Annexures to founding affidavit: (FA1; FA2; FA3; FA4; FA5; FA6; FA7; FA8; FA9; FA10; FA11; FA12; FA13; FA14; FA15; FA16; FA17; FA18; FA19; FA20; FA21; FA22; FA23; FA24; FA25; FA26; FA27; FA28; FA29; FA30; FA31; FA32; FA33; FA34; FA35; FA36; FA37; FA38; FA39; FA40; FA41; FA42; FA43; FA44; FA45; FA46; FA47; FA48; FA49; FA50; FA51; FA52; FA53; FA54; FA55; FA56; FA57; FA58; FA59; FA60 (1); FA60 (2); FA62; FA63; FA64; FA65; FA66; FA67; FA68; FA69; FA70; FA71; FA72; FA73; FA74)
- Supplementary affidavit
- Annexures to supplementary affidavit: (SA1; SA2; SA3; SA4; SA5; SA6; SA7; SA8; SA9; SA10; SA11; SA12; SA13; SA14; SA15; SA16; SA17; SA18; SA19; SA20; SA21; SA22; SA23; SA24; SA25; SA26; SA27; SA28)
- Respondents’ answering affidavit
- Applicants’ replying affidavit: part 1
- Applicants’ replying affidavit: part 2