2022: Combined comments on proposed regulations pertaining to Financial Provisioning for Mitigation and Rehabilitation of Environmental Damage caused by Reconnaissance, Prospecting, Exploration, Mining or Production Operations
On 25 August 2022, the Centre for Environmental Rights submitted comments on the proposed regulations pertaining to financial provision for the mitigation and rehabilitation of environmental damage caused by reconnaissance, prospecting, exploration, or production operations published for comment on 11 July 2022 in Government Gazette 47112 under GN 2272.
These comments are submitted on behalf of the following organisations:
- The Centre for Environmental Rights;
- The Centre for Applied Legal Studies;
- The Federation for a Sustainable Environment;
- Lawyers for Human Rights;
- Mining and Environmental Justice Community Network of South Africa5 (MEJCON);
- Khuthala Environmental Care Group, Ermelo;
- Endangered Wildlife Trust; and
- Green Connection.