Comments on draft legislation, policy and regulations
Submissions on draft legislation
- Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act, 2013
- Draft Upstream Petroleum Resources Development Bill, 2019
Submissions on draft regulations
Comments on the Financial Provisioning Regulations
- 2021: Comment on proposed amendment to transitional provisions in the regulations pertaining to financial provisioning for the rehabilitation and remediation of Environmental Damage caused by reconnaissance, prospecting, exploration, mining or production operations.
- 2019: Comments on Proposed regulations pertaining to financial provisioning for the rehabilitation and remediation of Environmental Damage caused by reconnaissance, prospecting, exploration, mining or production operations.
- 2017: Comments on Proposed regulations pertaining to financial provision for prospecting, mining, exploration or production operations.
- 2016: Comments on Proposed Amendments to the Financial Provisioning Regulations.
- 2014: Comments on Draft Regulations Pertaining to the Financial Provision for the Rehabilitation, Closure and Post Closure of Prospecting, Exploration, Mining and Production Operations published for comment in GN 940 in GG 38145 of 31 October 2014.
Comments on other draft Regulations and proposed amendments to Regulations
- 2013: Regulations for Petroleum Exploration and Production
- 2019: Draft Amendments to the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Regulations
- 2020: Proposed amendments to the EIA Regulations and Listing Notices for activities identified in terms of Section 24(2) and 24D of the National Environmental Management Act 1998
- 2021: Draft Regulations for the use of water for exploration and production of onshore naturally occurring hydrocarbons that require stimulation, including hydraulic fracturing and underground gasification, to extract, and any activity incidental thereto that may impact detrimentally on the water resource.