12 October 2018
Information was requested in relation to the proposed and appointed preferred bidders under the first bid window of the Coal Baseload Independent Power Producers Procurement Programme – the Thabametsi power station project proposed by Thabametsi Power Company (Pty) Ltd and the Khanyisa power station project proposed by ACWA Power Khanyisa Thermal Power Station RF (Pty) Ltd (“the coal IPPs”):
1. Government Support Framework Agreement (GSFA) with Eskom as the buyer of electricity produced by IPPs, entered into by Ministers of Finance, Energy and Public Enterprises in November 2012 and any schedules thereto, referred to in slide 19 of the IPP presentation given by the Minister of Energy on 6 March 2018 (attached);
2. all draft or signed schedules to the GSFA, relating to the coal IPPs;
3. all subsequent GSFAs and schedules thereto;
4. all records of existing or proposed guarantees by Treasury for the coal IPPs; and
5. the 2017 and 2018 (or in any event the latest 2) reports in terms of s218(3) of the Constitution on the guarantees granted by government.
- National Treasury
- Reference Number:
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.