Request to SANBI for records relating to the National Norms and Standards of the Management of Elephants
28 February 2017
- South African National Biodiversity Institute
- Reference Number:
- CER-2017-SNB-0001 (Elephant N&S)
Copies of all records, insofar as this information is recorded and held by the South African National Biodiversity institute (SANBI) relating to:
- Documents submitted to SANBI in terms of par.8(c) of the National Environmental Management: Biodiversity Act, 2004, National Norms and Standards for the Management of Elephants in South Africa, 2008. The section states the following:
Duty of care
- The responsible person is obliged to-
(c) Submit to the Institute all information that may be relevant to the development of properly planned monitoring and research programmes, a national and international database on elephant management and the development of best practises…
- We request copies of these records for the period March 2008 to February 2017.
For further information please email [email protected].