Request to DMRE for records relating to mining activities in the Mabola Protected Environment, Mpumalanga
17 January 2023
- Department of Mineral Resources and Energy
- Reference Number:
On 17 January 2023, the CER’s Mining Programme submitted a PAIA request to the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy for the following records relating to mining activities on the farms Loskop 105 HT 4/105 and Loskop 105 HT r/105, in the Mabola Protected Environment, Mpumalanga (“Loskop Colliery”):
Information or Records Pertaining to the Steps Taken to Ensure Environmental Compliance at the Loskop Colliery during the period of August 2018 to 17 January 2023:
- Copies of environmental compliance reports for the period August 2018 to the present date;
- Copies of environmental monitoring reports for the period August 2018 to the present date;
- Copies of any environmental inspection reports for the period August 2018 to the present, including but not limited to, the site inspection that was undertaken by the DMRE in terms of section 92 of the MPRDA, on 26 March 2021;
- Any Statutory Notices issued in terms of section 31 L of the National Environmental Management Act, 1998 (NEMA);
- Copies of documents related to any action taken pursuant to section 28(4) of NEMA, including any pre-directives or directives issued by the DMRE; and
- Any other records relating to the DMRE’s environmental compliance and enforcement activities.
For further information please email [email protected].