Request to DEA for the application by Atha-Africa Ventures to mine in the Mabola Protected Environment
20 October 2016
- Department of Environmental Affairs
- Reference Number:
- CER-2016-DEA-0005 (Atha-Africa)
Copies of the following records are requested in respect of the proposed Yzermyn underground coal mine in Wakkerstroom, Mpumalanga Province:
- Any application or motivation by Atha-Africa Ventures (Pty) Ltd (Atha) to the Department of Environmental Affairs (DEA) and/or Minister of Environmental Affairs (Minister) for consent/permission to mine commercially in the Mabola Protected Environment, as contemplated in section 48(1)(b) of the National Environmental Management: Protected Areas Act 57 of 2003 (NEMPAA), including any such application or motivation submitted during or about May 2016.
- Any correspondence between Atha and the DEA and/or Minister regarding section 48(1)(b) of NEMPAA.
Reference number, if available: references in respect of the initial environmental impact assessment report submitted by Atha to the DEA:
- NEAS reference: DEA/EIA/0001965/2013; and
- DEA reference: 14/12/16/3/3/3/85.
Authorisation register number of Atha’s environmental authorisation from the Mpumalanga Department of Agriculture, Rural Development, Land and Environmental Affairs: 17/2/3/GS-131.
For further information please email [email protected].