Request to DEA for correspondence between the Atha-Africa Ventures (Pty) Ltd relating to the planned Yzermyn in the Mabola Protected Environment
7 December 2016
- Department of Environmental Affairs
- Reference Number:
- CER-2016-DEA-0007 (Atha 2nd request)
Copies of the following records are requested in respect of the proposed Yzermyn underground coal mine in Wakkerstroom, Mpumalanga Province:
- Any correspondence between Atha-Africa Ventures (Pty) Ltd (Atha) and the Department of Environmental Affairs (DEA) and/or the Minister of Environmental Affairs (Minister) regarding her consent/permission to mine commercially in the Mabola Protected Environment, as contemplated in section 48(1)(b) of the National Environmental Management: Protected Areas Act 57 of 2003 (NEMPAA), since Atha’s motivation for such consent/permission was submitted during or about May 2016;
- Any internal memoranda concerning Atha’s request for such consent/permission;
- Any decision in respect of such request for consent/permission;
- If such decision has been taken, then the reasons for that decision.
For further information please email [email protected].