Request for records from the Limpopo Department of Economic Development, Environment & Tourism relating to the killing of hippopotamus (5 July 2019)
29 July 2019
- Limpopo Department of Economic Development, Environment & Tourism
- Reference Number:
The following records were requested:
In relation to the killing of hippopotamus as damage causing animals near Swartwater during 2019:
- Copies of all applications for and permits granted and/or denied in terms of the Limpopo Environmental Management Act, 7 of 2003 (LEMA) and/or any other national or provincial conservation legislation;
- Information regarding the assessment of the applications, including proof that the animals caused substantial damage to property or crops, or posed a danger, and/or any other relevant factors or considerations;
- Details of the person/s who undertook the killing;
- Documented proof relating to the disposal of the carcasses; and
- Reports by any officials or other persons present during the killing and disposal.
For further information please email [email protected].