Request for Pollution Prevention Plans and Greenhouse Gas Reports (4 September 2020)
4 September 2020
- Department of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries
- Reference Number:
- Records received
On 4 September 2020, the Centre For Environmental Rights submitted a PAIA request to the Department of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries requesting copies of the following records:
- The database or list of all companies that have submitted pollution prevention plans in terms of section 4(1) of the Pollution Prevention Plan Regulations, GN 712 of 21 July 2017 (“Pollution Prevention Plan Regulations”) to date;
- copies of the pollution prevention plans submitted to date as required by regulation 4(1) of the Pollution Prevention Plan Regulations;
- copies of the latest annual progress reports required in terms of regulation 5(1) of the Pollution Prevention Plan Regulations, which were due by 31 March 2020;
- the database or list of companies that have registered under section 5 of the National Greenhous Gas Emission Reporting Regulations (GN 275 of 3 April 2017) under the National Environmental Management: Air Quality Act, 2004 (AQA) (“GHG Reporting Regulations”);
- copies of the latest greenhouse gas (GHG) reports as required by regulation 7(1) of the Greenhouse Gas Reporting Regulations that were due by 31 March 2020 for all entities carrying out activities in category 1 (energy) and category 2 (industrial processes and product use); and
- for the sake of completeness, kindly ensure that the pollution prevention plans and annual progress reports against those plans (referred to in paragraph 1.2 above) (where applicable) and the GHG emission reports (referred to in paragraph 1.5 above) for the following entities are made available:
- Eskom Holdings SOC Ltd.
- Sasol Ltd.
- ArcelorMittal South Africa Ltd.
- Exxaro Resources Ltd.
- Glencore Plc.
- African Rainbow Minerals Ltd.
- Anglo Operations (Pty) Ltd.
- South32 Ltd.
- Seriti Resources Holdings (Pty) Ltd.
- Petmin Ltd.
- Mbuyelo Coal (Pty) Ltd.
- Ichorcoal Ltd.
- Kuyasa Mining (Pty) Ltd.
- Kangra Coal (Pty) Ltd.
- Jindal Africa Investments (Pty) Ltd.
- Jindal Mining SA (Pty) Ltd.
- SAPPI Ltd.
- PPC Ltd.
- Goldfields Ltd.
- Mondi Group South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
- Tongaat Hulett Sugar South Africa Ltd.
- Transnet SOC Ltd.
- Sibanye Stillwater Ltd.
- RCL Foods Ltd.
The the PAIA Request Cover Letter and Form A are available here.
The requested records were received and are available from the CER on request.
For further information please email [email protected].