Request to Department of Human Settlements, Water and Sanitation for Ministerial delegations of powers to Catchment Management Agencies
1 April 2021
- Centre for Environmental Rights
- Reference Number:
- Records received
The CER submitted a PAIA request to the Department of Human Settlements, Water & Sanitation on 1 April 2021 for copies of all current delegations of powers under section 63 of the National Water Act 36 of 1998 in which the Minister responsible for Water and Sanitation has delegated powers to Catchment Management Agencies (CMAs).
After a number of follow up emails, CER received the following documents from the Department of Water and Sanitation on 28 July 2021:
- Delegations to the Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency 2015
- Letter and Delegation of Functions by Minister – 12 December 2015
- Delegation of Functions by Acting Director General – 12 February 2018
- Letter and Table of Delegation of Functions from Minister and Action Director General – 2018
For further information please email [email protected]za.