Request to Mintails SA (Pty) Ltd for records related to the financial provision for its Mogale Gold Operation on the West Rand of Johannesburg
15 June 2016
- Mintails SA (Pty) Ltd
- Reference Number:
- CER-2016-DMR-0003 (Mintails)
- Records received
The following records are requested in relation to the Mintails SA (Pty) Ltd Mogale Gold operation on the West Rand of Johannesburg:
- the approved financial provision, including the amount, detailed calculation and form of provision, for the rehabilitation or management of negative environmental impacts, under the first environmental management programme held by Mintails SA (Pty) Ltd in relation to the Mogale Gold operation and approved by the Minister of Mineral Resources or the Department of Mineral Resources, in terms of sections 41(1) and 39(4) of the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act, 2002 (MPRDA);
- any and all records reflecting an adjustment of the financial provision made for the Mogale Gold operation for the period January 2014 to 15 June 2016, including, but not limited to:
- the financial provision assessment reports, in terms of section 41(3) and (4) of the MPRDA read with regulation 54(2) of the MPRDA Regulations, submitted to the Minister of Mineral Resources or the Department of Mineral Resources by Mintails SA (Pty) Ltd and/or an independent assessor appointed by the Minister;
- any audit reports on the adequacy of financial provision submitted to the Minister of Mineral Resources or the Department of Mineral Resources in terms of section 24P(3) of the National Environmental Management Act, 1998 (NEMA);
- any review or assessment in terms of Regulation 11, 14 or 17 of the Regulations Pertaining to the Financial Provision for Prospecting, Exploration, Mining or Production Operations (GN R 1147 in GG 39425 of 20 November 2015) (the Financial Provision Regulations); and
- any records evidencing a decision taken by the Minister of Mineral Resources or an official in the Department of Mineral Resources in terms of the Financial Provision Regulations.
For further information please email [email protected].