Request to NWDREAD for copies of records related to captive elephant facilities in the North West Province
6 July 2016
- Department of Rural, Environment and Agricultural Development (NW)
- Reference Number:
- CER-2016-NEA-0003 (TOPS Elephant Permits)
Copies of all current registration certificates issued in terms of Regulation 27 of the National Environmental Management: Biodiversity Act (10/2004): Threatened or Protected Species Regulations, 2007 (TOPS Regs), all current permits issued in terms of the TOPS Regs and all current management plans prepared in terms of the National Norms and Standards for the Management of Elephants in South Africa, 2008, issued in terms of section 9 of the National Environmental Management: Biodiversity Act, 2004 for the following captive elephant facilities in the North West Province:
- Glen Afric Country Lodge, Broederstroom
- Pilanesberg Elephant Back Safaris, Sun City (CLOSED)
- Sandhurst Safaris / Farm, Tosca
- The Elephant Sanctuary, Hartebeespoort.
For further information please email [email protected].