Open Day for Students at the Centre for Environmental Rights – Call for Applications!
24 August 2016 at 9:00 am
On Friday, 2 September 2016, the CER is hosting its first Open Day to offer a limited number of students a closer view of who we are and the exciting work we do. During their visit to our offices in Observatory, Cape Town, the students will have the opportunity to meet our dedicated team of attorneys and support staff; attend short presentations on our work; ask questions – and learn more – about the opportunities available to students interested in environmental justice.
Who should attend?
Students interested in the following topics:
- Using the law to protect the environment for future generations;
- Learning more about the work that the CER does, our programmes, and our milestone achievements;
- Gaining a better understanding of what a typical day as a dedicated environmental rights attorney entails.
How to apply
Numbers are limited and booking is essential. If you would like to attend our Open Day, please email your application containing the following information to [email protected] on or before Monday, 29 August 2016:
- A cover letter (not more than one page) explaining why you are interested in environmental justice and in attending our Open Day;
- A brief curriculum vitae (not more than two pages);
- Five questions you have about the CER.
Applications must include the applicant’s name and the reference CER OPEN DAY in the subject line.
For any queries or clarifications, please contact Li-Fen Chien on [email protected] or 021 447 1647.
About the Centre for Environmental Rights
We are a non-profit environmental rights law clinic that helps communities to defend their Constitutional right to a healthy environment. Our attorneys use the law to strengthen the voices of communities affected by environmental injustice, and pollution and mining, and to hold companies and the state to account for environmental degradation.
We first opened our doors in 2010. Today we employ a team of twenty predominantly environmental lawyers and, while we are based in Cape Town, our work extends across the country and we frequently collaborate with other law clinics, environmental NGOs and community-based organisations.