Together with the Table Mountain Fund and the South African National Biodiversity Institute, the Centre has coordinated collaboration between key government departments and agencies in the Western Cape and civil society organisations to address some of the challenges posed to threatened and endangered ecosystems by the unauthorised conversion of virgin land, and to promote responsible management of virgin land.
This project requires unprecedented cooperation between environment authorities, agriculture authorities, farmers’ and agricultural associations and civil society.
- “Impact of conversion of virgin land on biodiversity”, SANBI, 13 June 2011
- “Regulation of virgin land conversion”, Centre for Environmental Rights, 13 June 2011
- Correspondence from CER to Minister of Water and Environmental Affairs relating to declaration of threatened and endangered ecosystems
- CER comments dated 18 July 2013 on the draft Conservation of Agricultural Resources Amendment Bill (General Notice 673 in the Government Gazette of 2 July 2013). Also see the Conservation of Agricultural Resources Act, 1983.
- National Legislation35
- International instruments4
- Provincial Legislation16
- Parliamentary Oversight1
- Key Correspondence20
- Government Documents5
Request to Mindset Mining Consultants (Pty) Ltd for a copy of its pre-feasibility study for the proposed Yzermyn in the Mabola Protected Environment
February 6, 2017
Request to Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife for copies of permits and permit applications for sungazers in terms of the CITES Regulations
January 31, 2017
January 18, 2017